Grant Application Guidelines
Competitive Grantmaking Program
To be eligible for funding an organization must:
- Be a nonprofit organization with a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code, and are not classified as a private foundation.
- Serve the people who live and/or work in the Hilton Head Island, Daufuskie Island or greater Bluffton area.
- Attend a Grants Information Session at the Community Foundation (within 12 months of the application due date).
- Complete and submit a profile on The Giving Marketplace
- Be invited to submit an application.
We generally will not consider requests for the following:
- Sectarian or religious activities
- Political activities or organizations
- Grants directly to individuals
- Annual fundraising campaigns
- Special events or fundraisers
- Scholarships for students in grades K-12.
Reviewing, considering, and awarding grant proposals requires considerable time and attention. A site visit is scheduled for each organization submitting a proposal for a Community Impact Grant or a Community Investment Grant.
The Grants Advisory Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry which are approved three times a year.
Proposals received by 5:00 pm on*:
- April 1 will be considered by the Board in late July
- August 1 will be considered by the Board in late November
- December 1 will be considered by the Board in late March
Once you have been invited to apply and have received a code, please enter the E-Grant login page and download the budget worksheet [Doc] to begin the application process.
Download the Community Impact and Community Investment Final Report form
Organization Development Guidelines and Application Proposals received by 5:00 pm the 20th of each month will be considered by the Foundation within 60 days. Contact us for an invitation and hard copy application.
Download the Organization Development Final Report form [DOC].
Please contact us at 843.681.9100 to determine eligibility.