PEARLS of Hampton County
PEARLS stands for Philanthropic Empowerment Among Rural Lowcountry Sisters and was established to fulfill the mission of connecting women who care with causes that matter.
Women from around the county are joining PEARLS with a charitable investment of $100 or more annually to grow the PEARLS of Hampton County Fund.
Contributions are distributed to nonprofit organizations in Hampton County recommended by the members and used to build an endowment to insure grantmaking in perpetuity. In addition, members are involved in a variety of activities ranging from event planning to membership building.
Elements of PEARLS of Hampton County
As a member, you could choose to be involved in:
- Coming together with other community-minded women to share ideas.
- Supporting and engaging in activities that strengthen our community.
- Playing a leadership role in the initiative by serving on a committee.
- Learning about the philanthropic potential of women.
- Educational events that inform you about the needs of nonprofit organizations in the community.
- Mentoring programs to encourage younger women and girls to be successful, community-minded individuals.
If you are interested in becoming a member of PEARLS of Hampton County, please download the membership brochure.
For ease and convenience, you may make your annual dues payment online
via credit card.
PEARLS of Hampton County produces a newsletter several times a year for its members. Here is a sampling:
January 2017 Note to Membership
August 2016 Note to Membership
June 2016 Newsletter
February 2016 Newsletter
May 2015 Newsletter
June 2014 Newsletter
PEARLS February 2014 Newsletter
The grantmaking focus of PEARLS of Hampton County is assisting with the needs of our Hampton County citizens. Examples of needs include medical, education, household costs, health, disabilities, transportation and careers/jobs. With this in mind, the advisory committee will establish the criteria for each cycle of funding for grantseeking nonprofit organizations.
The 2017 PEARLS of Hampton County grants are designed to help launch new programs or enhance existing programs and projects in Hampton County that focus on: “Assisting with the Needs of Our Hampton County Residents”
Up to $9,000.00
One grant per 12-month period
To be eligible for funding, an applicant must:
- Be a nonprofit agency with 501(c)(3) tax exempt status or equivalent (church, school, government agency) under the Internal Revenue code.
- Demonstrate measurable project outcomes for PEARLS selected area of focus.
- Submit grant requests that help launch new programs or enhance existing programs and projects in Hampton County.
Electronic applications are due on MARCH 17, 2017 by 3:00 p.m.
- Generally request for the following will NOT be considered:
- Building organizational capacity
- Personnel and/or office expenses
- Religious activities (Although faith-based groups are encouraged to apply, to be considered for funding the projects must reflect nondiscriminatory practices.)
- Political activities or organizations
- Grants directly to individuals
- Annual fundraising campaigns and special events or fundraisers
For more information please contact Debbie Cahoon, Grantmaking and Scholarships Administrator
, at 843.681.9100 or email@example.com
Download the History of PEARLS grantmaking.
SAVE THE DATE
Sunday, April 30
Additional details will be shared shortly.