Community Foundation News
CFL Accepting Applications for Donor Services Associate PositionSeptember 06, 2023
JOB TITLE: DONOR SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Reports to: VP for Development and Donor Services Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Salary: Minimum starting salary is $50,000 plus generous benefits package, paid time off, and a 403(b)
Application process: To apply, please e-mail cover letter and resume on or before Friday, September 29, 2023 to: email@example.com
Please Note: This is an onsite, full-time office position (Mon-Fri 8 am-5 pm) located in Hilton Head Island, SC.
The Donor Services Associate is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and donor stewardship for new and existing Community Foundation donors. This position also provides clerical and administrative support for the Community Foundation's overall development efforts to build charitable assets, including assisting in development outreach efforts with residents, organizations, community groups and professional advisors. This staff position serves as the main liaison and primary point of contact for a portfolio of donors and provides comprehensive donor relationship management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of Associate degree and work experience.
- Three or more years of experience with a financial, legal, or nonprofit organization preferred.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel). Database management preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills, and written communication skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented who is comfortable working under tight deadlines
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage relationships with major donors through high quality customer service.
- Provide stewardship services for assigned funds including assisting donors with on-line services, donor communications and education.
- Assure the transition from initial fund establishment to continuous value-added donor services is seamless with the goal of growing long-term relationships.
- Manage all activity for assigned charitable funds including processing grant requests, related correspondence for grant recipients and updates for fund advisors.
- Maintain assigned donor and fund information within database.
Community Foundation of the Lowcountry’s mission is to strengthen community by connecting people, resources and needs. The Community Foundation provides philanthropic services in a four-county region (Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton, and Jasper), including establishing charitable giving funds for individuals, families and businesses and providing guidance, administrative support and community knowledge to help donors achieve their philanthropic goals.