Community Foundation News
CFL Accepting Applications for Senior Accountant PositionJanuary 31, 2023
TITLE: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
POSITION PURPOSE: To lead day-to-day finance and accounting activities, financial reporting, internal controls, and other support.
EXPERIENCE: Five or more years of recent accounting experience. Experience in non-profit and/or fund accounting is a definite advantage.
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Finance and Administration
APPLICATION DETAILS: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 17, 2023
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The position salary range starts at $55,000 per year and includes generous health benefits, a 403b retirement plan, and PTO.
LOCATION: This position is located at the Foundation’s Hilton Head Island, SC office. No remote or hybrid work is available. Must have reliable transportation.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Manage daily financial operations and is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting, and administrative records to ensure the overall integrity of the Foundation’s financial systems. Requires strong organizational, administrative and computer skills as well as tremendous attention to detail. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to perform responsibilities in a professional manner, and to handle detailed assignments with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Access) and a team attitude are required.
MAJOR TASKS AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures all cash receipts or electronic collections have been properly processed and recorded.
2. Processes security donations, interfaces with donors and brokers to transfer securities, directs sales of securities, monitors receipt of proceeds, and prepares acknowledgement letters.
3. Reviews and approves voucher entries for accounts and grants payable and will process all corresponding checks.
4. Assists in the preparation of month end and journal entries as needed.
5. Assists in the preparation of consolidated financial statements and operating budget regularly.
6. Prepares, examines, or analyzes various accounts and prepares supporting schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
7. Assists with the preparation of schedules and statements for the annual audit in accordance with GAAP.
8. Assists with annual tax filings and state registrations for Foundation.
9. Answers accounting/finance-related questions as appropriate for our various customers and staff when VP for Finance is not available.
10. Maintains required records, reports and files in an organized manner.
11. Coordinates and prepares agenda and related items for the Finance and Investment Committee meetings.
12. Prepares minutes for Finance and Investment Committee meetings.
13. Assists in the administration and reconciling of planned gifts.
14. Assists VP for Finance in routine database management.
15. Provides backup assistance in answering phones and receptionist coverage when needed.
16. Performs other related duties as needed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Community Foundation of the Lowcountry is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.