The mission of the Lowcountry Community COVID-19 Response Fund is to rapidly deploy resources to community-based nonprofit and equivalent organizations in Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Japser Counties that are addressing the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Lowcountry Community COVID-19 Response Fund advisory committee will review and recommend grants for eligible nonprofit organizations and equivalents that are providing services to citizens impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grants will be awarded in phases. Currently, applications must support health and human services nonprofits or equivalents working with residents without access to healthcare or who are food or housing insecure. This phase will focus on increasing resiliency in affected populations by addressing the economic impact of reduced and lost work due to closures and the most vulnerable in our communities.
Applications will be reviewed and decisions will be made on a weekly basis.
Maximum amount per grant is $20,000.
Organizations may be eligible for multiple grants based on documented community needs and available funds after the grantee completes a final report.
An organization applying for a Lowcountry Community COVID-19 Response Grant must:
1. Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, or equivalent, providing services with the four-county service area covered by Community Foundation of the Lowcountry (Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper Counties in South Carolina).
2. Present an immediate need that is not fully met by state, federal or other nonprofit agencies and that is aligned with the mission statement of the fund.
3. Be willing to complete a profile on The Giving Marketplace by the time the grant term concludes, or agree to reimburse the Lowcountry Community COVID-19 Response Fund for the total amount of the grant.
If your organization would like to apply for a grant, there are the items we'll need:
1. a completed application that includes a project budget form;
2. your organization's annual budget;
3. current financial statement*;
4. most recent audit or attestation statement*;
5. most recent IRS Form 990*;
*If your organization has a complete and up-to-date profile on The Giving Marketplace, you do not need to submit this information.
If you have additional questions, please email Debbie Cahoon, Vice President for Community Investment.