Introducing Endowment Challenge Grants!February 02, 2022
Our Community Impact staff is working with our colleagues in the Development office to create an Endowment Challenge Grant opportunity. We're excited to offer this capacity-building opportunity to any local nonprofits serving southern Beaufort County!
How it Works
Eligible organizations must establish an endowment at Community Foundation of the Lowcountry or have an existing endowment at the Community Foundation to qualify for the Endowment Matching Program taking place from 2022 through 2024.
The Community Foundation will match all new gifts designated for an eligible nonprofit’s endowment fund within the Community Foundation. All new gifts, plus the match, will be added to the nonprofit organization’s endowment fund as they are received from the donor or organization during the two-year program period.
- Community Foundation will provide a $1 match for every $2 raised by the nonprofit organization (1:2 match) on all new gifts up to $50,000 per eligible endowment fund.
- Match per individual donor gifts are limited to a maximum of 50% of the total amount raised.
Nonprofit organizations eligible to apply are those meeting the following qualifications:
- Are 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, in good standing with the IRS and the SC Secretary of State.
- Provide programs and services which support those who live and/or work in southern Beaufort County.
- Have been operational as a 501(c)(3) for a minimum of three years.
- Participation in the educational component – financial
Nonprofit organizations selected for this program will have the opportunity to participate in an educational component. The program is designed to give professionals and volunteer leaders within the organization resources that will help integrate endowment building and legacy giving into their organization’s development work.
Endowment funds build assets for future sustainability, providing a perpetual stream of support. They offer a long-term strategy focused on generating growth and income, which in turn provides a consistent source of revenue to build capacity and sustainability. Nonprofit organizations who wish to establish an endowment fund or build an existing endowment are those who desire to set aside money that will be protected and grow over the long-term, providing a source of lasting support for future needs.
Please join us for our EC2022 Information Session to find out about the process and requirements. We are meeting via Zoom on February, 15, 2022, at 3 p.m.. You can register here.