Community Foundation of the Lowcountry Announces Grant Recipients: Over $180,494 Awarded to Five Local NonprofitsJuly 21, 2016
Community Foundation of the Lowcountry awarded $180,494 in grants to five local nonprofit organizations this week. The award was one of three competitive grant cycles the Community Foundation holds annually. The awards were presented at a luncheon held on July 1 at Hudson ’s Seafood House on the Docks restaurant in Hilton Head Island.
The organizations and their projects are:
- Jasper Bluffton Volunteers in Medicine: $32,400 to develop a comprehensive marketing plan and produce a variety of promotional materials that will be geared to specific audiences.
- Boys & Girls Club of Bluffton: $75,000 to create a larger reading center to allow them to expand literacy services to Club members.
- The Children ’s Center - $20,922 to improve communication, technology and security systems.
- Girl Scouts of Eastern South Carolina - $19,172 to hire a part-time Hispanic Outreach Specialist to recruit Hispanic girls in Hilton Head Island, Daufuskie Island and Bluffton.
- Port Royal Sound Foundation- $33,000 for a hands-on conservation program for youth in Hilton Head Island, Daufuskie Island and Bluffton.
Since 1994, Community Foundation of the Lowcountry has been connecting people, resources and needs by helping build stronger communities and assisting donors in making a difference through charitable giving. With over 380 charitable funds, combined assets totaling $63 million and grantmaking and scholarships reaching $58 million, Community Foundation of the Lowcountry is the largest source of unrestricted philanthropic resources dedicated to Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper Counties.