Community Foundation News
A Commitment to Thought and Action: Our Stand Against Racial and Social InjusticeSeptember 10, 2020
Today one of those critical issues is systemic racism, across the United States, which is deeply rooted in our nation’s history.
- CFL categorically denounces all forms of discrimination, bias, and racial profiling, which, at their extreme, leads to senseless violence and death.
- We stand with the multitudes of peaceful demonstrators who are coming together to demand social and racial justice.
- CFL is committed to providing actionable solutions and a safe forum for constructive dialogue in addressing these complex injustices.
CFL celebrates the rich diversity of our region. Equity and inclusion are at the forefront of our work.
- We demonstrate this by authentic and tangible outreach to our marginalized neighbors, in order to improve the quality of life for all who call the Lowcountry home.
- We welcome collaboration with individuals and organizations who are also striving for a more just and equal society here at home, and across our country.
Working together, we can and will make a positive impact now… and for generations to come.
In recently adopting this document as its Commitment to Thought and Action against Social and Racial Injustice, the board of directors of Community Foundation of the Lowcountry has committed to providing actionable solutions to these complex injustices. While our commitment is strong and deliberate, our work has just begun.
We are looking inward to ask the tough, probing questions about our work, to find the solutions that support all of our community members, and to continue to build those important collaborations for stronger outreach efforts to our marginalized neighbors.
In beginning this work the entire CFL board and team are committed to working together across our community to make a positive and powerful impact for today and far beyond tomorrow.