Opportunity Grants are Community Impact Grants with a grant request budget under $10,000. These grants are designed to stimulate and help launch new programs and projects; or to help focus, enhance, and/or expand an organization’s existing programs and services; or as an investment in a capital project which is a critical enhancement to the mission of the nonprofit organization.
These grants focus on community impact.
There will be a preference for projects or programs that support marginalized members of the communities we serve.
Opportunity Grants are available to nonprofit organizations throughout the Community Foundation’s four-county service area of Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper Counties. The grant term is typically 12 months and grants are made up to $10,000.
To be eligible for funding an organization must:
- Be a nonprofit organization with a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code, and are not classified as a private foundation;
- Serve the people who live and/or work in the Foundation’s four-county service area: Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper;
- Attend an Impact Information Session within 12 months of application;
- Have a current, up-to-date profile on The Giving Marketplace;
- NEW: Have a social justice statement in place.
Additional eligibility requirements may apply.
We generally will not consider requests for the following:
- General operating support
- Sectarian or religious activities
- Political activities or organizations
- Grants directly to individuals
- Annual fundraising campaigns
- Special events or fundraisers
- Scholarships for students of any age
- Staff positions
How to Apply
The first step in the application process is to attend an Impact Information Session to learn more about our grantmaking process and determine which programs would be suitable for your organization.
These grants are considered on an ongoing basis and do not follow a fixed review schedule. The Grant Advisory Committee meets on an as-needed basis, and typically makes a determination on a complete grant request in about four to six weeks. We encourage organizations to plan accordingly.