Opportunity Grants are Community Impact or Community Investment Grants with a grant request budget under $10,000. These grants are designed to stimulate and help launch new programs and projects; or to help focus, enhance, and/or expand an organization’s existing programs and services; or as an investment in a capital project which is a critical enhancement to the mission of the nonprofit organization.
Opportunity Grants are available to nonprofit organizations throughout the Community Foundation’s four-county service area of Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper Counties. The grant term is typically 12 months and grants are made up to $10,000.
To be eligible for funding an organization must:
- Be a nonprofit organization with a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code, and are not classified as a private foundation;
- Serve the people who live and/or work in the Foundation’s four-county service area: Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper;
- Attend an Impact Information Session within 12 months of application;
- Have a current, up-to-date profile on The Giving Marketplace;
Additional eligibility requirements may apply.
We generally will not consider requests for the following:
- General operating support
- Sectarian or religious activities
- Political activities or organizations
- Grants directly to individuals
- Annual fundraising campaigns
- Special events or fundraisers
- Scholarships for students of any age
These grants are considered on an ongoing basis and do not follow a fixed review schedule. The Grant Advisory Committee meets on an as-needed basis, and typically makes a determination on a complete grant request in about four to six weeks. We encourage organizations to plan accordingly.