Current Grant ProgramsFebruary 07, 2022
Community Investment Grant Programs
We have a number of opportunities for first quarter of calendar year 2022, and beyond:
- Endowment Challenge Grants - We're working with our colleagues in the Development office to create an Endowment Challenge grant opportunity for organizations that serve individuals in southern Beaufort County. We're excited to offer this capacity-building opportunity. Please join us for our EC2022 Information Session to find out about the process and requirements. We're meeting via Zoom on February 15, 2022, at 3 p.m.. You can register here.
- Impact Grants – Our Impact Grant application is open. The second (and final) cycle of fiscal year 2022 ends Friday, April 1, 2022. These grants are geographically restricted to organizations that serve people who live and/or work in southern Beaufort County. If you have a new or enhanced impactful project or program that meets the criteria we hope you will apply. You must verify eligibility and submit your Letter of Interest no later than Friday, March 25, 2022, to be considered.
- Opportunity Grants - Opportunity Grants mirror our (larger) competitive grants, with the same focus on impact. They're available to organizations that serve Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton or Jasper Counties. The maximum award is $10,000. We're accepting applications now for our March 1, 2022, deadline. Our fourth and final grant deadline date for the fiscal year is June 1, 2022.
- Organization Development Grants - Our capacity-building grants pay up to $5,000 for the use of a consultant to increase agency sustainability. These grants are available to organizations that serve people in Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton or Jasper Counties. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and decisions will be announced within 30 days of receipt of the application.
Basic Criteria for Community Foundation Grants
The following is the basic grant criteria for our programs:
1. Attendance at an Impact Information Session - We're now offering in-person sessions. These sessions are informal and conveniently scheduled at noon on the following days:
- Friday, February 18, 2022 at 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 12:00 PM
Don’t forget to bring your lunch or a snack to this interactive session. You'll learn about our grant requirements and additional programs offered through the Community Investment office, while networking with other nonprofit agency representatives.
2. Social Justice Statement - Community Foundation of the Lowcountry has determined that we will stand with many others who demand social and racial justice. As we define meaningful ways that we can address issues relating to systemic racism and social and/or racial inequity, we've expanded grantmaking requirements to include a social justice statement (you can view ours here.) We look through an equity lens as we evaluate applications. We encourage organizations who work with marginalized members of the communities to describe how their projects or programs support issues relating to social justice.
3. Other Considerations - Opportunity and Impact Grants require an access code. You must speak to Community Investment staff to receive that code. Impact Grants and Opportunity Grants also require an LOI (Letter of Interest). LOI’s must be submitted no later than seven days prior to the grant deadline date. For additional information or to see if your grant request is eligible for funding, contact Debbie, Lisa or Jill.
Additional Grant Opportunities
Please also consider an opportunity through one of our grantmaking funds:
February 2022 Deadline - Hilton Head Island ARPA/SLFRF grants: The Town of Hilton Head is partnering with Community Foundation of the Lowcountry to provide grants to qualified organizations serving members of the Hilton Head Island community. This project is funded through American Rescue Plan Act funds. Criteria for funding and application guidelines are in line with ARPA requirements. Grants must respond to the negative impact of COVID-19 on residents of Hilton Head Island. Areas of focus include food, housing, education, childcare and health. The next deadline date for ARPA funding is February 28, 2022. Additional cycles will be defined next Spring.
March 2022 Deadlines - Community Funds grants:
- The Long Cove Community Charitable Fund: The mission of the Long Cove Club Community Charitable Fund is to encourage and support charitable giving by members of the Long Cove Club community and to provide grants in support of current needs in the areas of health, housing, hunger and education in Beaufort and Jasper Counties, and the surrounding areas. Grant Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2022. To learn more about the application process, visit longcoveclub.com/caring-community
- Operation Colleton River Charitable Fund: OCR grants will be given to projects that embody OCR’s core values as expressed in its mission statement: To provide holiday presents and year round assistance to fulfill basic needs of food, clothing, literacy and the general well-being for neighbors in need. Grant applications will be accepted until March 15, 2022.
Closed for This Fiscal Year
- The PEARLS of Hampton County cycle closed on February 14, 2022. Recipients will be announced in the spring.
- The Women in Philanthropy grant cycle closed on January 14, 2022. Recipients will be announced in the spring.