Community Foundation News
Helping Those Affected by Hurricane FlorenceSeptember 18, 2018
We know all too well the devastation a hurricane brings and, here in the Lowcountry, we ’re counting our blessings that we were spared Hurricane Florence ’s wrath. Our empathy for those in her wide path means we ’re eager to help individuals and families who weren ’t so lucky.
Giving through a reputable organization ensures that your gift is used as promised. Community foundations understand their communities and work closely with local nonprofit organizations that are on the front line of an emergency. And community foundations are there through the aftermath, which can be months or even years down the road. They focus on immediate, mid- and long-term recovery and rebuilding efforts.
If you would like to help those impacted by Hurricane Florence, we encourage you to support two disaster funds established at sister community foundations:
- The One SC Fund was established by former Governor Nikki Haley after the 2015 Thousand Year Flood. This fund helps South Carolinians who are recovering from state-declared emergencies. The fund grants to nonprofits that are providing relief, recovery and/or rebuilding assistance to individuals and families. 100% of monies donated will go to help Hurricane Florence relief efforts.
- To donate to the One SC Fund via credit card, click here.
- To donate via mail, send a check made payable to Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC to: Central Carolina Community Foundation, 2711 Middleburg Drive, Suite 213, Columbia, SC 29204
- The NCCF Disaster Relief Fund, of the North Carolina Community Foundation, will support nonprofits with programs that help hurricane victims in North Carolina. All funds raised will go directly to nonprofit organizations serving the needs of local individuals and communities in the impacted areas of that state.
- To donate online, click here.
- Checks can be mailed to North Carolina Community Foundation at 3737 Glenwood Ave., Suite 460, Raleigh, NC 27612. Please designate your gift for “Disaster Relief. ”
As always, if you have any questions, please contact our office at 843.681.9100.